High pile carpets can symbolize elegance in one’s interior, especially in the living room.
They add colors on the flooring and cushion for the feet when relaxing.
However, since they are thick and had more design patterns, they are prone to dirt accumulation without noticing directly.
High pile carpets have a thickness of more than a half of an inch, and the footprints can even be made when stepped on.
To clean up such fabric, you need a vacuum cleaner that can perform proper suction without damaging the print.
Here are Some of The Best High Pile Carpet Vacuum Cleaners
1. Eureka PowerSpeed Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner
This product is equipped with a powerful motor, rated up to 960 Watts, that can suck dirt on any surface such as rugs, carpets or floors.
The lightweight vacuum cleaner can be adjusted to five height settings depending on the surface to be cleaned.
It can be easily assembled after purchase. The handle is uniquely designed to be convenient in cleaning from either low or high positions.
The dust canister has extra-large capacity.
The cleaning path is 12.6 inches wide, making it practical to clean a lot of surfaces. It also has numerous attachments to aid in overall interior cleaning.
- Powerful motor
- Ergonomically designed handle for smooth cleaning transition
- 12.6-inch wide cleaning path
- Five height adjustments as an alternative for suction power control
- Easy to due to smooth wheels
- Extra-large capacity dirt canister capacity
- Easy assembly
- Absence of HEPA filter
- Bulky in design
- Can create a loud noise
2. Shark Navigator Deluxe Upright Corded Bagless Vacuum
This vacuum cleaner performs well not only on high pile carpets but also on other carpets and bare floors too.
It has a dust canister with large capacity, for that long duration cleaning, and is easy to empty.
Its design also features swivel mechanisms and a large turning wheel for that easy repositioning during suction.
The vacuum cleaner has a HEPA filter, along with the anti-allergy seal, which secures no scattering of the dust and allergens collected.
It also has multiple attachments to help you reach tight and awkward spaces in the house interior and to aid in removing pet hair.
The 25-foot long power cord and the light mass of the vacuum cleaner enable you to traverse distances without interruption from transferring from one outlet to another.
- Strong suction power
- Spacious dirt canister capacity
- Long power cord
- HEPA filter
- Many attachments
- No indication of a retractable power cord, which can create entanglement
- No suction power adjustment
- Bulky in design
- Can create a loud noise
3. Dyson Upright Vacuum Cleaner
This product has a powerful suction suitable for high pile carpets.
Its design is catered to active pets that bring falling hair, outside dirt, and a variety of allergens and microorganisms.
It has a release feature for easy emptying of the trash bins.
The vacuum cleaner has a self-adjusting setting where manual switching is unnecessary.
The ‘Ball’ technology is a unique aspect of this product, allowing smooth movements with just a convenient positioning of your body and adjustable stability of the machine.
Additionally, a HEPA filter is also integrated for sealing the dirt captured. It is also equipped with attachments that enable complete interior cleaning.
- Powerful suction for all-around cleaning including pet hair removal
- Self-adjusting cleaner head to replace manual switching
- Ball technology for easy maneuvering
- HEPA certified filter
- Has many attachments for types of cleaning positions
- The dirt canister is easily removed with one press
- The self-adjustment feature can make the user exert more physical effort
- Lack of manual adjustments in case of unfavorable automated setting adjustment
4. Eureka NEU100 Airspeed Ultra-Lightweight Compact Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner
This vacuum cleaner is very lightweight in design, yet it still manages to exert a powerful suction.
It is run by a 6-Ampere motor that provides enough boost to remove dirt with the aid of the bristles of the brush head.
The canister capacity is quite large for its weight, and the whole machine itself can be moved easily due to the smooth wheels.
The device has a washable filter for easy maintenance and has attachments to clean conveniently on most surfaces.
The 10.5-inch wide cleaning path is enough to accommodate the cleaner’s suction power. The handle is detachable, allowing a smooth transition of cleaning functions.
- Light in weight
- The dirt canister has a large capacity
- Easy to move around thanks to its large and smooth wheels
- 10.5-inch cleaning path for enough cleaning coverage
- The filter is washable for easy maintenance
- No indication of length and retract capacity of the power cord
- No adjustments for suction power
- Absence of HEPA filter
5. Hoover WindTunnel 2 Corded and Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner
This product is useful for plush carpets and top-to-bottom cleaning.
It is equipped with ‘Wind Tunnel 2’ technology that creates at least two suction channels for powerful dirt and debris removal and also with ‘Multi-Floor’ brush roll for optical cleaning on any surfaces.
Its suction power, improved by its ‘Multi-Cyclonic’ technology, is enough to remove the annoying pet hair and has plenty of features that let you reach 16 feet above with ease.
The 25-foot power cord can be automatically retractable.
- Multi-Floor brush roll of optimal cleaning and less scattering
- Many attachments for overall house cleaning from ceiling to floor
- Has a long and retractable power cord
- Still easy to carry around
- The dust canister can be difficult to empty
- Bulky in size
- Can create loud noises
- Absence of a HEPA filter
- Lack of suction power adjustment
6. Oreck Commercial, Professional Upright Vacuum Cleaner
This vacuum cleaner is simple in design and can powerfully clean through any types of flooring.
It can automatically adjust to any floor or surface without manual changing of the settings.
The ‘Helping Hand’ handle is designed for convenient gripping for long-duration cleaning.
The product has a top-fill bag capable of containing enough volume of dirt.
It also has Endurolife V-belt that resists slippage and high-speed, double-helical brush rolls circulating at 6,500 rpm.
It also has a built-in circuit breaker that shuts the system off during clogs and jams and has a 40-foot long power cord that enables you to reach longer distances.
The full cleaning path of the cleaner is 12 inches, covering a lot of surface area.
For a vacuum cleaner, it is very light to carry anywhere in the house because it weighs only 8 pounds.
- Very light in weight
- 12-inch cleaning path for wide cleaning coverage
- Large capacity top-fill dust bag
- Very long power cord
- Has automatic floor cleaning adjustment
- No attachments for versatile cleaning
- Lacking the retract mechanism of the power cord
- No adjustable switching for power suction
- Absence of a HEPA filter
7. Kenmore 600 Series Friendly Lightweight Bagged Canister Vacuum
This product has a light mass and compact design.
It has a dual-motor system that can provide enough rotation of the brush to exert an effective and powerful suction.
The power can be controlled variably to cater to delicate fabrics.
The vacuum cleaner has a bagged canister for dust containment, along with the triple HEPA filtration system for a 99.97 percent allergen and dirt reduction.
It has a 28-foot long, retractable power cord and a 14-inch wide cleaning path.
Aside from that, it has a swivel action for easy repositioning and plenty of attachments for all-purpose cleaning.
The ‘Pet Powermate’ attachment is motorized to lift and remove annoying pet hair. The ‘Aluminum Telescopic Wand’ enables you to reach surfaces at almost 11 feet high.
The convenient ‘Pop-N-Go’ feature lets you quickly attach the brush head, which is stored in the compartments of the vacuum cleaner, to the vacuum wand.
- A dual-motor system
- Has a variable control of suction power
- Has a triple HEPA filter
- Has multiple other accessories for all-purpose cleaning
- Has a long, retractable power cord
- The dirt container is a bag which can be limited in capacity and inconvenient to empty
- The hose cannot be flexed due to being attached to the vacuum wand
8. Miele Compact C1 Pure Suction Canister Vacuum Cleaner
This vacuum cleaner is lightweight and sturdy. The Miele-made ‘vortex motor’ can deliver a large amount of suction power, at 1,200 Watts, and has a manual six-stage suction rotary controls.
It is designed for any type of carpets, and hardwood floors and the brush head has rubberized wheels for scratch-free gliding.
It has a reasonably large capacity dust bag equipped with ‘AirClean’ filter system to seal the contained dirt and debris.
The cleaning radius can range up to 29.5 feet, and the vacuum nozzle has three ‘rug-and-floor’ combinations.
At the bottom, the vacuum cleaner has a 360-degree swiveling wheel.
- 6-stage rotary controls for suction power
- Has many combinations for vacuum nozzle
- AirClean filtration system as a HEPA filter
- Has a large capacity dust bag
- Light in weight and compact in design
- No indication of length and retract capability of the power cord
- Lack of large wheels for upright movement
- No indication of effectiveness for the removal of pet hair
9. Bissell Rewind Upright Bagless Vacuum
This product is a powerful cleaner equipped with plenty of technological features.
The ‘Multi-Cyclonic Suction’ system features a suction power that effectively prevents the dirt from reemerging in the open.
The vacuum brush head has enough edge bristles to cover cleaning a 13.5-inch full surface along with the ‘Triple Action’ brush rolls’ ability to uncover embedded dirt and pet hair.
It has a rotary control to adjust the suction power manually, depending on the contact surface.
The multi-level filter can trap fine dust particles and is easily washable. The dustbin can be emptied conveniently and quickly through a bottom hatch.
The product has a cleaning radius of 36 feet through its wand and can go for longer distances due to the 27-foot long retractable power cord.
It is lightweight and has multiple attachments for that heavy-duty, home interior cleaning.
- 13.5-inch cleaning path for wide cleaning coverage
- Has a long, retractable power cord
- The dustbin can be emptied quickly via bottom hatch
- Multi-level filtration system
- Light in weight
- Vacuum brush has edge bristle for finer sweeping
- Has multiple attachments for different cleaning surfaces
- HEPA feature is being distributed to many aspects of the machine aside from the filter
- Maneuverability due to small-sized wheels
10. Soniclean Soft Carpet Upright Vacuum Cleaner
This vacuum cleaner is simple in design but has qualities passing the high standards of cleanliness.
It focuses on cleaning delicate and premium carpets using its efficient motor design. It also has patented features that set its technology apart from other vacuum cleaners.
The sonic bar located at the machine’s bottom is capable of producing 200 vibrations per second to uncover embedded dirt and dust particles.
The ‘EZ-Push’ adjustable ventilation allows smooth gliding of the machine through the carpet’s surface while operating.
It also has a brush roll with ultra-soft bristles for gentle sweeping of plush carpets.
The HEPA filter is hospital-grade, wherein it is capable of capturing 99.97 percent of dust particles with at least 0.3 microns in size.
The vacuum cleaner can be digitally controlled into two cleaning modes: one is for vacuuming carpets on floors quietly, and one is for in-depth cleaning of carpets.
In addition, this vacuum cleaner comes with large wheels. That’s why it’s great for high pile and shag rugs.
Aside from the 35-foot long power cord, it has a jam-protection that shuts automatically if something is clogging the vacuum brush.
Also, the volume of the dust in the bag is indicated on the light indicators of the machine.
- Light in weight
- Has a long power cord
- Suction power is controlled digitally via two settings
- The brush roll has ultra-soft bristles for gentle sweeping
- Dust bin bag light indicator
- Can operate quietly
- Made exclusively for high pile carpets only
- The dust bag is sold separately and can be expensive
- The power cord is not retractable
- No additional attachments indicated
11. Miele Complete C3 for Soft Carpet
Another good option for high pile carpets is the Miele Complete C3. This vacuum cleaner brand differs from the one coming with other models.
This model promises to clean delicate carpets safely even for high pile and long strands.
This machine comes with a manual height adjustment. There are five levels of cleaning power.
Therefore, it can work well on various surfaces, from bare floors to shag.
Additionally, the machine is easy to move and replace with the included Parquet Twister if you want to clean wood, tile, as well as the laminate flooring.
12. Kenmore Elite 81714 Pet-Friendly Ultra Plush Bagged Canister Vacuum
If you are looking for a vacuum cleaner for those with persons with allergies living in their homes, the Kenmore Elite 81714 Vacuum is highly recommended.
This machine is a bagged canister. It’s equipped with a sealed HEPA filtration system. This product is also a good option for those with Asthma and allergies.
Not like many floorheads on canister vacuums that can’t move on super-plush carpets, this model is easy to push and pull.
Moreover, the machine comes with three other attachments that include a motorized one for collecting pet hair.
13. Miele 41HAE032USA Dynamic U1 Maverick Obsidian
When it comes to the best vacuum cleaners for high pile carpets, we can’t miss the Miele brand.
It is famous for making excellent vacuums. Miele 41HAE032USA is one of them.
It can also be used to clean your shag as well as other surfaces around the house.
It is designed with both adjustable suction and adjustable height. Therefore, it works well for hardwood, high pile frieze, as well as low pile Berber.
However, this machine is very powerful, so be careful when using it with ultra-plush.
Additionally, the machine is equipped with many other features. Sure, you will be pleased with them.
For instance, the machine comes with a 39-foot cord as well as a swivel neck, so it’s easy to maneuver. Plus, this model helps to clean effectively underneath furniture.
There is also a sealed HEPA filter system included. It is able to capture up to 99.9% of the particles.
14. SEBO 90640AM Airbelt D4 Premium Canister Vacuum
The last product on our list is the SEBO 90640AM Airbelt D4 Premium Canister Vacuum.
It is packed with a 50-foot cleaning radius that you can’t find in few other vacuums. It also includes a 1.5-gallon filter bag, a quiet motor, and non-marring rubber wheels.
This product is a suitable choice for a large house.
The Sebo 90640AM comes in four-level manual height adjustment. Besides, there are also adjustable suction and a beater bar.
Therefore, you can get many benefits from these great features. As a result, your cleaning plush carpets become easier.
How to Choose the Best Vacuum for High Pile Carpets
To select the best vacuum cleaner possible, here are the qualities you need to consider:
The dirt on the high pile carpet can accumulate towards the inner portions.
It is an easy task for a vacuum cleaner, but the important thing is doing that without damaging the fabric.
They may be made from different materials and have many diverse designs. Therefore, the vacuum can absorb all the dirt without compromising the design and appearance.
The more powerful a vacuum, the heavier it is. It indicates how much suction power it can execute, which can affect the quality of the carpet.
And as the vacuum moves, its weight can imprint on the texture of the fabric and can potentially cause damage.
If there is a lightweight vacuum cleaner available that is capable of sucking dirt from the thickness of the high pile carpet, then you may choose it with confidence.
The effectiveness of the cleaning lies in the parts of the vacuum cleaner, such as the filters and brushes.
Since vacuums have nozzles that integrate sweeping brushes, they have the option not to be engaged.
When cleaning high pile carpets, it is essential not to compromise the design for easy cleaning and, therefore, use the vacuum nozzles without the brush attachment.
The air filters for best vacuum cleaners are categorized as HEPA or ‘high-efficiency particulate air’ filters.
This type of filter traps most, if not all, of the fine dirt particles and allergens too.
The best vacuums are easy to use. They must not have physical limitations such as small power cord, hard-turning wheels, and non-adjustable height.
Select vacuum cleaners with the least amount of issues that can be obstacles from maneuvering them.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you use the high pile vacuum cleaner?
Since the high pile carpets are more delicate to handle than the regular flooring carpets, the effectiveness and efficiency in cleaning them lie solely on the quality of the vacuum cleaner used.
If you know how to handle vacuum cleaners in general, then it will be easy for you then.
There is no individual or additional skill involved since the methods are the same. Do not use the vacuum cleaner in a moping pattern so as not to damage the fabric.
Also, maximize the use of attachments on the more deep-seated dirt collecting in hard-to-reach surfaces.
Can high pile vacuum cleaners handle liquid spillage?
Some vacuum cleaners can handle liquids with the activity of pets and kids having considered in their designs.
But, for most situations, the practical way of handling is to dry the liquid until it is evaporated, leaving the residue to be vacuum cleaned.
If other substances with liquid mixed in can cause stains, a vacuum cleaner may be not enough unless it has a shampooing feature.
High pile carpets need a bit of careful maintenance. The function lies heavily on their texture and design patterns.
If the rugs you have are for home use, better invest in vacuum cleaners that can be used for several surfaces.
If you have many activities happening that cause constant dirt and spillage, invest in high powered, easily controlled vacuum cleaners with multiple attachments.
If you are running a carpet business, better have a cleaning machine that works exclusively.